Do you have local or unique items in your archives, manuscripts, special collections, or local history collection in need of a little TLC?
Join us to learn about a variety of preservation strategies and advanced repair techniques.
- participate in decision-making and product evaluation for rare, brittle, and fragile books,
- make stabilizing preservation decisions, and
- evaluate rehousing and boxing options.
- pamphlet binding,
- multiple signature binding,
- paper repair with wheat starch paste and Japanese tissue,
- appropriate use of heat set tissue, and
- encapsulation techniques.
Attendees will receive a supply kit (and list of handy materials) to take back to their institutions.