Every library suffers disasters from water leaks to power and phone outages. Some are easy to deal with, some are not. It’s what you do about it and how quickly you respond that determines the cost of a disaster to the library and to the community it serves. Learn about the importance of planning for these disasters and how to design a recovery plan so that the disaster becomes a change in routine.
- Designing plans to respond to disasters
- Recovering water damaged library collections.
- Implementing policies for recovering collections and resuming services
- Evaluating insurance for library collections and buildings
- Protecting computers and data during a disaster
- Staffing before, during and after a disaster.
Library Directors, Trustees & Management Staff
- Cleaning Instructions
- Disaster Response Resources
- Response and Recovery Procedures
Miriam Kahn, MLS, PhD – MBK CONSULTING Columbus, OH