Disaster can come in many forms: from water leaks to phone outages. The costs to your institution and the community you serve are largely determined by how you choose to respond. A planned response can save time, money, and (perhaps) your sanity. Join us to learn the basic steps in creating (and enacting!) your Disaster Preparedness Plan.
During this workshop participants will:
- Prioritize disaster preparedness activities
- Evaluate existing disaster response policies and plans
- Establish criteria for closing buildings due to inclement weather, hazards, and other crises.
- Outline procedures for stabilizing and recovering collections
- Write basic policies and procedures to respond to disasters quickly so your library is back in operation
Audience: Library Directors, Trustees & Management Staff in all cultural resource institutions
- Cleaning Instructions
- Disaster Response Resources
- Response and Recovery Procedures
- Disaster News Items
Miriam Kahn, MLS, PhD – MBK CONSULTING Columbus, OH