Does your disaster plan need some revision? Did you fill in the blanks from a printed or online plan, but does it fit your library? Is your disaster response plan half finished? Did you build a new wing, add a department, or hire new staff? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to revise your disaster response plan to fit the new reality. Unearth your plan and let’s revise it together. Don’t have a plan? This webinar will provide a basic framework for designing a plan to fit your institution and each branch location.
During this workshop participants will:
- Revise and update their existing disaster response plans or go home with a basic plan to flesh out.
- Practice activating the plan
- Craft disaster response policies for communicating with the media, securing collection, and protecting buildings.
- Establish criteria for closing buildings due to inclement weather, hazards, and other crises.
- Outline procedures for stabilizing and recovering collections
- Write basic policies and procedures to respond to disasters quickly so your library is back in operation
Library Directors, Trustees & Management Staff
Miriam Kahn, MLS – MBK CONSULTING Columbus, OH