“So many books, so little time” is a familiar mantra in the library. Encouraging our patrons to take out and enjoy these riches is only half the fun, the other half is displaying books, talking about books to individuals and promoting book discussion groups, and even writing reviews. This workshop is designed to help librarians and staff promote books, set up book and audiovisual displays, and understand new ‘bookstore’ shelving techniques. In addition, we will explore opportunities to and advantages of writing book reviews and even resources for book discussion groups. Adult and YA books will be covered.
Beef up your reading experiences and share them with your patrons.
- Book discussion resources and questions
- Displays that show off the multimedia resources of your library’s collections.
- Reviewing and recommending fiction and popular non-fiction
Any library staff member providing reading advice to patrons.
- Bibliography for Promoting Reading in the Library
- Links for Promoting Reading in the Library
- Outline for Promoting Reading in the Library
Miriam Kahn, MLS – MBK CONSULTING Columbus, OH