The Maker Movement, the growing number of folks looking to consume and create handmade items, is booming across America. Look at the rise in popularity of YouTube “how-to” clips and one-of-a-kind merchant sites like Etsy. More and more users are looking for resources to boost their creativity and allow them to customize their surroundings. Want to find out how to support makers and crafters in your community? Join us to learn about the sites and sources that can help do just that.
- Support Maker Culture and DIYers
- Explore resources for arts and crafts
- Promote the handmade movement
Audience: Any library staff providing reference assistance.
- Links for Arts & Crafts on the Internet
- Support a Maker Culture: Arts and Crafts Resources on the Web Links & Articles
- Support a Maker Culture: Arts and Crafts Resources on the Web Outline
Miriam Kahn, MLS, PhD – MBK CONSULTING Columbus, OH